Zivame was founded in 2011 with the vision to facilitate women to shop uninhibitedly for intimate wear and to make lingerie shopping personalized and convenient. Zivame is now the No. 1 B2C intimate wear brand in India with 55+ retail stores and presence in 1450+ partner stores across India with the mission to be a one-stop destination for every woman’s intimate wear needs. Zivame believes that every woman is unique, and wants to deliver a platform that allows her to browse, discover and shop what she desires.
All the products at Zivame stem from the desire to design something that is a blend of quality, innovation, and comfort. Zivame offers trendy lingerie, activewear, sleepwear, and shapewear in over 3000 + exclusive designs and 100 + sizes catering to women across all body types.
What to expect from Zivame?
We’re not just an e-commerce company, a women’s wear brand or a retail organization. We are together in solving problems for millions of women in India; and that passion drives everything that we do. It’s that passion that helps us do things by keeping the Indian woman front and center in all of our efforts – from Design to Technology, from Marketing to Logistics and everything in between.
- Bias for Action
Being an organization that is growing rapidly comes with a culture where everyone strives for creating business impact in their own roles. This strong Bias for Action is seen at every function in the organization at every level which helps us keep bureaucracy to the minimum, make quick decisions, take our ideas to action and see the impact first-hand. We also recognize great performance when we see it, not just at the annual day.
- Cross-functional Collaboration
We strive for holistic outcomes and not in silos. Work takes the shortest path possible and people work across functions, levels, experience seamlessly. That meeting could’ve been an email, which could’ve been a call, which could’ve been an in-person discussion. And…Action!
A stand-out tenet of our culture has to be the transparency that’s woven into the fabric of Zivame. We discuss everything openly, have no closed offices, no colleague out-of-bounds and no hidden agenda. Our monthly townhalls, coffees with the CEO, an open feedback culture are just a few things you’ll notice while working with us.
About Zivame’s Technology team
Being the leaders in our category, we’re the trailblazers. The Pathbreakers. We’re a tech-first organization and that manifests itself into everything at Zivame. We solve difficult problems, work on cutting-edge tech and build world-class platforms. With some of the best minds in the business, we’re one of the sought-after learning and career destination in the world of Tech. If you’re looking to work at a Product-Tech-Startup with opportunities to forge your own career path in Tech, give us a shout out.
Also, wondering about how Tech spearheads the Zivame growth story? Leave us a message with the subject-line “Zivame Tech Story” on email@example.com and we’ll help set up a conversation with one of our leaders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The candidate for this role will need to have strong track record of developing and delivering scalable product features.
- He/She will work very closely with cross-functional teams, product managers, and customers to shape the Zivame customer experience.
- This role is responsible to lead a highly motivated engineering team working on cutting edge technology projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to delivers top notch customer experience for our users.
- The candidate should have excellent management and delivery skills combined with several years of hands-on experience in Java backend services.
- Map business objectives to an optimum engineering structure within your team, including correct estimation of resource allocation
- Design, architect and drive implementation of key engineering features
- Plan and track development and release schedules, and provided visible leadership in crisis
- Establish and follow best practices, including coding standards and technical task management
- Work on an end-to-end architecture of at least one product/system (preferably with bugs)
- Manage a dynamic project or feature with changing requirements
- Manage smooth operations between developers and QA
- Has worked on some or all of the following:
- Caused at least one deadlock/memory corruption in multi-threaded programming
- Configured (or destroyed) at least one linux server
- Caused at least one issue in a production system
- Should have successfully debugged at least one memory leak issue (would be even better if you were the cause for it)
- Debugged (or caused) a database to run slow because of too many connections
Skills & Experience required
- 8+ years of strong experience in full-stack software product development for large scale platform(s).
- Experience with a product/ B2C tech mandatory; experience in E-commerce domain preferable
- Experience working with high-performance technical teams and ability to create a culture based on those best practices.
- Experience working with Product Managers and UX Designers
- Excellent people manager. Strong in building relationships and collaboration with others.
- Expertise in JAVA technologies, SprintBoot, JPA, etc.
- Comfortable with at least one more programming language besides Java
- Knowledge of the below concepts:
- The difference between private and public IPs
- A couple of design patterns (at least)
- The difference between stack and heap
- MySQL Query Optimizing and understanding the impact of a DB query
- How to design and build a REST API
- Be familiar with testing methods like 2>&1, > /dev/null, nslookup/dig , ping, wget, curl, free, top etc.